Fall Auditions are now open for a limited number of flute, oboe, tenor saxophone, brass, and percussion players on a first-come basis. Instructions for submitting a video audition are available via the button below. Inquires can be sent to email@example.com.
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org with any audition or tuition questions.
Who is Eligible
Northern Virginia Youth Winds is open to rising 8th-12th grade students who are members in good standing with their public, private, parochial or home school band. Selection to the ensemble will be determined by successful audition and instrumentation needs.
What Is Expected at NVYW Auditions
- Interested members must submit a video audition according to the parameters found via the Audition Instructions/Submissions button link on this page.
- Auditions should include a prepared “own-choice” selection of up to two minutes in length. This may be an etude, solo, or standard excerpt for the instrument. More than one selection may be included to demonstrate varied styles.
- Percussionists should include selections for both mallet instrument and snare drum.
- All auditions should include a full range chromatic scale and a variety of major scales that demonstrate range and key fluency.
- There is no requirement for sight-reading.
Need-based scholarships may be available. Applications will be made available at the time of acceptance and due upon confirmation of participation.